Swedish Presidency of the European Union
At the begining of July, Sweden has taken over the reins of the European Union for the next six months.
The Swedes have outlined their priorities on cohesion policy:
- continued discussions on regulatory modifications;
- creation of a working party on the EU’s outermost regions;
- progress in the debate on territorial cohesion;
- evaluation of the action plan accompanying the European Union’s territorial agenda;
- launch of a debate on “macro-regional” strategies following the recent adoption of the Baltic Sea regional strategy.